Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ramen Ten, Ramen,

Ramen Ten means "noodle shop" in Japanese. It is the first Halal - Japanese restaurant in Singapore which serve new age food like ramen, rice sets, bento, sushi party platters, takeaway orders & delivery orders.

I'm skeptical in Halah Japanese Food as there will have alot of restrictions and may not be tasty.
However, Ramen Ten gave me a surprise on my first visit.

Karage Spicy Ramen $9.90

My first attempt was Spicy Chicken Ramen. This is the cheapest Ramen at the restaurant and is my favourite Ramen that I returned for the killer chilli.I always love spicy food. The menu stated the different degree of spiciness with the number of chilli on it. This reminds me of another Japanese Ramen restaurant. The Spicy Chicken Ramen I'm going to try has 3 chillis. The chickens were put together with the ramen and wasn't seperated from the noodle. Luckily the chicken weren't taste that soggy.

I didn't know that the minced meat look alike stuff was the chilli. I mixed them together with the ramen and the whole bowl of soup base turned red.

My lips and tounge turned numb on my first mouthful of the soup. This restaurant doesn't serve ice water and we have to order their drinks which is not cheap. The cheapest drink is mineral water. We were thinking it might turn out to be a small bottle of Av**n mineral water. Fortunately, its a 600ml Ice Mountain mineral water.


A Closed Up on the Ramen Yummy...


Soft Shell Crab $6.50

The soft shell crab was really indeed soft. It wasn't crispy enough and flat.



The Tom Yum Seafood Ramen comes with different seafood like lalah, prawn, crab meat, clam and oyster each. It's quite worth for $12.90. The Tom Yum soup base was spicy and sour enough.
Not forgeting, Ramen Ten serves sushi too but not cheap doh... So, it's more worthwhile taking the buffet if you mainly want to eat sushi. They serve buffet from 3 - 6pm I guess.
Ramen Ten is worth for trying, especially with a few friends ordering different type of Ramen and you will get to try different dishes. The concept is really great for everyone that wants to enjoy Japanese food too.



Ramen Ten Outlets

Far East Plaza #01-22
Julibee Ang Mo Kio #01-06/07
Harbourfront Centre #01-03/04
Operating Hours:11.30-10.00pm (Daily)

No comments: